Today’s Psilocybin Stock Spotlight: Cybin (CLXPF)
Risk Profile: Moderate-High Risk/Moderate-High Reward
(Disclaimer: These articles are merely informational in nature, and in no way should be considered expert financial advice. As with any investment, psilocybin stocks, especially those owned by newer companies, are subject to significant fluctuations in value. Therefore, caution should always be observed when investing.)
Cybin Clinical Trials
Described as “a biotechnology company focused on progressing psychedelic therapeutics,” Cybin states their overarching goal is to “improve the lives of those suffering from mental illness by changing the expectation of treatment.” Already conducting Phase II A and B clinical trials, Cybin is creating novel molecules for psilocybin for major depressive disorder, and deuterated tryptamine for alcohol use disorder and therapy resistant psychiatric disorders, along with phenethylamines for psychiatric/neurological applications.
Cybin also has a unique emphasis on delivery systems to increase uptake of delivered therapeutics, and features Kernel Flow “a non-invasive brain interface which records realtime, cortical hemodynamics to establish precise patterns of brain activity.”
Cybin as an Investment
Investing in Cybin means choosing from a family of stock options based on their multiple pipelines and patents for proprietary formulas or therapeutic delivery systems, and currently include:
- CLXPF ($1.52/Share)
- CYBN.NE ($1.84/Share)
- R7E1.F ($1.19/Share)
- R7E1.BE ($1.26/Share)
- R7E1.DU ($1.25/Share)
- R7E1.MU ($1.22/Share)
The best performers over the past year appear to be CLXPF and CYBN.NE, currently selling for $1.52/share and $1.84/share respectively, making them attractive investments for those seeking to potentially capture long-term growth at an affordable price share.
Wallet Investor states “Our Ai stock analyst implies that there will be a positive trend in the future and the CLXPF shares might be good for investing for making money.” However, because of the newness of CYBN.NE there is a lack of information regarding future performance forecasts.
Crunchbase lists Bail Capital, Life Science Partners, and RA Capital Management as primary investors in the parent company Cybin Inc.
Investing News Network features the following highlights regarding Cybin Inc:
- Operating two divisions that are also wholly-owned subsidiaries, Serenity Life Science and Nature’s Journey
- Serenity Life Science division aims to fund research and development of psilocybin for medical purposes, developing proprietary active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- Nature’s Journey division is developing nutraceutical mushroom products targeting the millennial generation, including a number of form factors
- Global nutraceutical market is projected to grow to a total of US$722.49 billion by 2027, according to Grand View Research
- Pursuing an M&A strategy designed to acquire revenue-generating assets in the medical mushroom and psychedelics space
- Signed a strategic partnership with the Toronto Centre for Psychedelic Science to improve its IP portfolio through research and development
- Brand ambassador and former NHL player Dan Carcillo is a major proponent of psilocybin and its remedial benefits
- Management team has facilitated over C$1 billion in pharmaceutical sales
For the third quarter, Cybin Inc. has $61.25 million in Total Assets, and $8.38 million in total Liabilities, with $.11 million in Total Debt and $52.88 million in Total Equity, giving what appears to be solid financial footing. However, Macroaxis has a more pessimistic prognosis, stating, “CYBIN INC has a very high chance of experiencing financial distress in the next few years of operation. It also did not have a very good performance during the last 90 trading days.”
Your opinion matters. Please share your thoughts in our survey so that Newsweed can better serve you.
Charles Bukowski, the Los Angeles beat poet that captured the depravity of American urban life once said, “There is something about writing poetry that brings a man close to the cliff’s edge.” Newsweed is proud to stand in solidarity and offer you a chance to get close to the cliff’s edge with our first Power of Poetry Contest. Are you a budding bard, a versatile versifier, a rhyming regaler? Do you march to the beat of iambic pentameter, or flow like a river with free verse? If so, here’s your opportunity to put your mad poetic chops to the test. Submit an original poem in any form about the following topic: identity.
Enter our poetry contest for bragging rights and an opportunity to win some cash!